|New Students to Norwalk||| Print ||
|Parents - Registration|
New Students need to be registered for school.
See below for details in Proofs of Residency
1. All new students entering Norwalk Community School District must provide the proper documentation to establish proof of residency. The documents provided (Closing Statement, Lease, Evidence of Residence form or Month to Month Rental Proof of Residency) must always state the student’s physical address, parent/guardian's name and date of possession. If you are moving in with a Norwalk resident, please complete the Evidence of Residence form listed as an attachment at the end of this article. If you do not have a lease but are renting, you will need to fill out the Month to Month Rental Proof of Residency form listed as an attachment at the end of this article. A post office box is not an acceptable address for the purpose of determining residency. Please provide the appropriate documentation to Registrar, Cheri Atherton, at the time you register your child. Failure to do so may delay your child’s enrollment. If you do not know whether your residence is within the Norwalk Community School District, contact Cheri Atherton, Registrar, at 515.981.0676 or go to the Warren County Assessor site: www.co.warren.ia.us
(If you are in need of using a post office box for mailing purposes, you will need to provide a copy of your current power bill that has the post office box on it in addition to the physical address that corresponds to the physical address you provided as acceptable proof of residency.)
2. The following forms need to be completed in order to register your child. In order to expedite the registration process, you may download, print and complete the forms before coming to Central Office:
(You can download the above forms by clicking on the attachment at the end of this article.)
3. You will need your child’s up-to-date immunization record and proof of birth such as a birth certificate.
4. Bring any special needs documents if applicable. (Example: Individualized Education Plan/IEP, 504 Plan, Gifted and Talented/Enrichment Plan, Individualized Health Plan (IHP), etc.)
5. Name, address and phone number of your child’s previous school.
Competent Private Instruction (Home Schooling)
For questions regarding Competent Private Instruction, please refer to the Iowa Department of Education Web site or call Rodney Martinez, 981-1005 with any questions you may have.